Statement of Purpose Summary
Embec Care Ltd “the company” provides a Holiday Care service to a whole range of service users within the community. The service provides support to individuals within their own homes, both on a practical and personal care level, which enables them to maintain their own independence and lifestyle.
The service offers respite support for a week, weekends or mid-week up to two weeks.
Our Holiday Care service is the provision of short-term temporary to those who are caring for a family member. The service can be up to two weeks and include week, weekend, mid-week or full two weeks care and support.
Philosophy of Care:
We aim to provide a tailored service to meet your assessed requirements, to promote dignity, privacy, confidentiality rights and choice, helping you to maintain maximum quality of life and independence in your own home environment. We provide a service that supports you in a professional and confidential way.
We aim to provide staff that are skilled to perform the desired tasks, and to ensure staff are trained and updated regarding care skills. We are committed to training and development of staff.
We offer services to:
Individuals who experience relative disadvantage as a result
of frailty, illness or disability: dependence or lack of support.
Some of the services on offer provide practical support to
living in their own homes;
to minimise risks to their health and safety and to maximise
to ensure the individual is within the comforts of their own
to minimise distress and feeling of loss when a partner/carer
has a break.
Are fully trained staff all have had an enhanced police disclosure [police check]
All staff undergo a comprehensive induction programme
All staff are trained and we do endeavour to ensure staff understand the specific needs of the individual supported before delivering holiday care.
Why Holiday Care?
Holiday Care means having your own carer with you on a 24/7 basis who lives with you at home and who are on hand to help care for you and to help you remain independent. Holiday Care is an alternative to residential care such as moving into a care or nursing home.
Benefits of Holiday Care
1. Holiday Care allows you or your loved one to stay in the comfort of your own home surrounded by all your personal possessions with no stressful upheavals.
2. With Holiday Care you receive a one to one bespoke, personal service that is tailored to your needs and requirement. In Residential Homes a carer is responsible and looks after many people.
3. Holiday Care promotes independence and allows you to maintain a sense of being in control. There are no rules and regulations in your own home so you can get up or go to bed when you want, have friends and family visits whenever you want, keep your pet.
4. Holiday Care provides a continuity of care and a good live in carer will quickly gain an understanding of the person they are looking after and will be sensitive to their feelings and moods.
5. Holiday Care offers peace of mind for everyone. The family have peace of mind knowing that their loved one is being cared for 24 hours a day. People receiving care at home feel safer, more relaxed, more confident and often happier.
Services we can provide:
Our Home Support Workers are experienced in all aspects of personal care requirements and are happy to assist with a variety of tasks including:
Dressing and undressing
Assistance to the toilet and continence care
Prompting of prescribed medication, orally and topically. (Medication
should be blister packed, or prepared in “unit does” by a relevant
other e.g. Chemist, district Nurse, GP or a family member. Staff are
unable to administer medication from bottles from which they need
to achieve a dose.)
Facilitate activities daily living eg, eating, drinking, mobility,
Housework (excluding the main furniture
Laundry (washing & Ironing)
Shopping & meal preparation taking into account special diets
Escort to hospital appointments or social appointments if required
Use a hoist or cricket hoist with two members of staff, ensuring of Health and
Safety of the individual.
Maintain the house to the appropriate level of cleanliness & hygiene
Liaise with Health & Social Professional as appropriate
Keep daily records of care delivery
Fees are assessed on individual need and start from £1400 per week.